GCommerce is looking to hire a freelance designer to help us provide beautiful web designs for our clients. The GCommerce team is a fun, high-energy, group of people who are motivated to deliver the best for our clients day in and day out, but also making sure we have enough time to get outside and enjoy where we live.
Who you are
You are an extremely talented graphic designer with experience in digital/social advertising, print, and website layouts focused on usability and user experience. You have a natural instinct for layout, balance, and typographical detailing. You also have the ability to create story-driven brand pieces with minimal brand assets.
You're confident in your ability to design display and social media ads, email templates, landing pages, and print collateral. You combine Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign effortlessly in your daily workflow. You have the ability to work quickly and efficiently and welcome collaboration and creative feedback.
- Broad portfolio of creative work, showing art direction, graphic design and creative skills across multiple channels (offline and online.)
- Expert knowledge in the use of design concepts (layout, typography, color, white space, and grid)
- Understanding of print concepts (bleed, resolution, and color)
- Proven ability to deliver creatively while adhering to brand guidelines
- Expertise in design software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Ability to present concepts and support rationale behind given user design solutions
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Strong project-management skills and the ability to take ownership of assigned projects from beginning to end
- Ability to be flexible and accommodating under pressure
- Strong proof-reading skills and attention to detail
- Associates or Bachelors degree in graphic arts or equivalent experience
This position is not required to be in-office, but we would like to get to know you over a cup of coffee or have you in the office once in a while so you can immerse yourself into our team.