Marketing Month In Review- April 2020
1. Google Clarifies Ad Credit Eligibility and Timing
When Google announced they would be providing $340 million in Google Ads credits for SMBs, advertisers and businesses were anxious to know if they would be eligible. Last week, Google provided some clarity around who qualifies to receive these ad credits. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding hotel eligibility for these Google SMB ad credits.
Is Your Hotel Eligible for Google Ads SMB Ad Credits?
- Your business must have been running ads through the account for at least 10 out of the 12 months in 2019
- Your business must have also been running ads during January and/or February of 2020
When Will My Hotel Receive The Ad Credits From Google?
- Credits will roll out in phases
- First Ad credits will be seen in the Google Ads account beginning in late May
Do I Need To Do Anything To Make Sure My Hotel Is Eligible for Google’s SMB Ad Credits?
- No, there is nothing else to be done now. Google will notify the account users and the ad credits will automatically be deposited in the account
Are There Any Restrictions To How I Can Use The Google SMB Ad Credits?
- Ad credits must be used by the end of 2020
- Ad credits can be used on any Google Ads channel, including Search, Display & YouTube
How Many Credits Will My Hotel’s Google Ads Account Receive?
- Google has not specified exact amounts but stated that ad credit will vary based on past spend and geographic location
Please reach out to your GCommerce account representative with any additional questions regarding the Google Ads credit program for your hotel.
2. Facebook SMB Ad Credits Update
Last month, we shared that Facebook is giving out $100 million in grants and ad credits. If your hotel is located in one of the metro areas listed below and meets Facebook’s eligibility requirements listed here your hotel should apply. You will need to have important business information available including your Federal Employer Identification Number, Partnership documents, business license, proof of incorporation, and official registration. Applications are now open for locations across the country. Don’t wait to apply if your business qualifies. Apply here.
3. And Now For Some More Good News...
Have you tuned in for any of John Krasinski’s “Some Good News” shows? I think it’s one of the many great examples of ways to stay tuned into positive, true stories happening around the globe. While this has been a very difficult time for all of us, especially in hospitality, I think it’s helpful to maintain focus on the positive things occurring even during one of our darkest hours. Here are a few highlights that continue to provide us hope for recovery:
- One of our clients in Southern California is currently closed but has continued to invest in their marketing. They have seen a 31% increase in revenue production through their website since March 15th.
- HSMAI launches Get One, Give One Stay a "vacay layaway" program to jumpstart travel and thank healthcare heroes. Learn more here.
Check out our most recent blog with some very positive trends happening in the travel industry and across our portfolio of hotel clients.