Director of Account Services
The position Director of Account Services will cover a broad range of responsibilities pursuant to GCommerce goals of driving revenue for our hotel/resort clients. There are three primary areas of focus within the Director of Account Services job description:
1. Responsibility and management of key clients
The Director of Account Services will be responsible for leading the strategy for digital marketing efforts with their own assigned client hotels/resorts. The role will include communicating the strategy and evaluating the tactics necessary to accomplish these defined strategies with the GCommerce Operations Teams. The Director of Account Services will also ensure the Operations Teams are executing in an operationally efficient manner while delivering the quality results for which GCommerce is known. The Director of Account Services is self-reliant in their day-to-day role. They are directly responsible for the management of key clients for the organization.
2. Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the Account Services department
The Director of Account Services will be responsible for training and on-going management of all Client Success Coordinators and Client Success Managers. The role will also oversee the training for Client Success Managers/Coordinators. They are responsible for ensuring all standard operating procedures are updated and followed. GCommerce’s Account Planning process will be managed by the Director of Account Services in that he/she will ensure the process if followed and utilized on a monthly basis. The role will perform regular employee reviews.
The Director of Account Services is often involved in pursuing new business opportunities and assists the Executive team in prospecting, negotiations, contract development and client relations. The Director of Account Services will act as a client escalation point of contact when needed.
3. Responsible for representing the Account Services department on the team of Directors
The Director of Account Services will also participate on the leadership team (team of Directors) representing the Account Services department. The position will not only be looking to represent the Account Services department but also look at the organization globally and identify ways to improve things like culture, team member retention, client retention, and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Account Services department
- Oversee and measure the performance of all Client Success Managers and Client Success Coordinators
- Perform regular reviews with employees within the department
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are up-to-date and followed
- Act as an escalation point of contact when needed
- Management of the Account Planning process across the entire department.
- Directly oversee key client relationships and ongoing services
- Lead the strategy with individual clients and identifying how best to accomplish stated client objectives and goals
- Ability to stay up to date on the latest digital marketing trends and shows initiative to identify how they will GCommerce clients
- Demonstrates high levels of problem solving skills and is a go to member of the team when other team members have questions or issues
- Demonstrates strong ownership over client work
- Assist the sales team with either internal sales initiatives or new business opportunities/verticals
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss for each assigned client hotel/resort. This effort entails a complete financial review of the client, building the profit and loss information and tracking the teams’ efforts.
- Travel to see each assigned client at least once a year or as client and GCommerce requires, effectively building client relationships and gaining an understanding of client’s property and market dynamics.
- Participate and be a member of the leadership team which steers the overall operations of the organization
- Project topics include but are not limited to:
- At-risk clients
- Team member retention
- Process review to improve efficiency
- Collaboration between departments
All efforts of the Director of Account Services are designed to identify, facilitate and implement proactive and effective digital marketing campaigns designed to accomplish stated client goals and objectives. The Director of Account Services also plays a significant role in increasing GCommerce’s revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar field
- Experience with social media channels both paid and organic
- An understanding of Google Analytics
- A hunger for learning new things
- Passion for digital marketing and likes working in the hospitality industry